What Your Church Needs to Know About Copyright
This list provides resources about copyright, but it is not to be considered legal advice. If you would like to use/share these resources, please be mindful of copyright concerns and permissions. FMI: contact Canon Barbara Martin.
- General Copyright Info
- Info about BCP/RCL/Bible
- An easy-to-use brochure from Church Publishing Inc.
- Ten things you should know about copyright
- The five questions CCLI hears the most
- 6 Myths about copyrights that put your church at risk
- Copyright and Creativity For Ethical Digital Citizens
- Guidelines from Leader Resources
- Episcopal Diocese of Ohio’s Three Part Guide
- Copyright (and Wrongs) for Churches: Introduction to Copyright Law
- Copyright (and Wrongs) for Churches: The Fair Use Doctrine and the Religious Services Exception
- Copyright (and Wrongs) for Churches: Works Made for Hire: Who Owns the Sermon?
- Practical Resources for Churches – Webinar
- Free Recording to all who Register Here
- Your Copyright Questions Answered (Companion to the webinar)
IMAGES AND LIVESTREAMING
- Be safe, not sorry, when livestreaming your worship services
- Did I infringe on copyright when using YouTube videos in a livestream service?
- Facebook Copyright Rules
- What about Facebook live?
- What you Need to Know Before Sharing Photos and Videos Online
- Three Factsheets: 7 Myths about the Religious Service Exemption, Copyrights 101, and The Different Between CCS and CCLI
- To learn more about Public Domain and Creative Commons
- Small Church Music
- International Music Score Library Project (IMSLP)
- Choral Public Domain Library
- Public Domain Information Project
- Do You Need a License?
- Blanket License Coverage Chart
- Music Licensing & Video Licensing Resources for Congregations
- Christian Copyright Licensing International (CCLI)
- Christian Copyright Solutions (CCS)
- One License (this is the company that has partnered with Church Publishing for music from The Hymnal)
- Harry Fox Agency
- Church Video License Incorporated (for movies)