The 202nd Convention of the Diocese of Maine
“Go forth with hope and grace”
Saturday, October 23, 2021
Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. – Hebrews 4:16 NRSV
BISHOP BROWN’S CONVENTION ADDRESS & CONVENTION WORSHIP
The entire diocese joined in online worship on Saturday, October 23rd! We took time to pause throughout convention to hear the Word of God, praise God with song with our virtual choir, and share Spiritual Eucharist. Worship will include Bishop Thomas Brown’s Convention Address/Sermon.
- Watch all of the WORSHIP VIDEOS here.
- Download the BISHOP’S CONVENTION ADDRESS here.
- Download a copy of the CONVENTION WORSHIP BULLETIN here.
- Download this one-page RECAP OF THE ANNUAL DIOCESAN CONVENTION to share with your parish.
- Download the MINUTES OF THE 202ND DIOCESAN CONVENTION here.
Convention voted to fill the positions listed below at Convention.
Learn more about NOMINEES FOR DIOCESAN OFFICES (17 pages) here.
- Secretary – one year term
- Elected: Karen Perka
- Treasurer – one year term
- Elected: Thomas Ward
- Trustees – four year term
- Elected: Timothy Boggs, Nathaniel Henshaw, Carlos Mello, Nick Penfield
- Provincial Conference- Lay Deputy– two year term
- Elected: Ted Fletcher
- Standing Committee – Clergy – three year term
- Elected: Kerry Mansir
- Standing Committee – Lay – three year term
- Elected: Mark Spahr
- Disciplinary Board – Clergy Representative – two year term
- Elected: Shirley Bowen
Below are two documents outlining the budget for 2022 and a presentation of the proposed budget at the 9/28/21 Town Hall:
- 2022 BUDGET SPREADSHEET – Adopted as presented
- 2022 BUDGET NARRATIVE
- PRESENTATION OF PROPOSED 2022 BUDGET AT 9/28/21 TOWN HALL
#1: Adopted – RESOLUTION DENOTING THE FORMAL SUPPORT OF THE EPISCOPAL DIOCESE OF MAINE FOR LD 1626 Supporting Documents for Resolution #1: LD 1626, CIR Factsheet & 2020 Resolution #8
#3: Adopted – TERRITORIAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
#4: Adopted – FAITH, FARMING, GOOD NEWS GARDENS
#6: Adopted – LAY COMPENSATION FOR 2022
#7: Adopted – CHANGE IN STATUS: WINTHROP
#8: Adopted – CHANGE OF STATUS: HALLOWELL
#9: Adopted – CANON 15 OF DIOCESAN COUNCIL – MEMBERSHIP & TERMS
#10: Adopted – CANON 15 OF DIOCESAN COUNCIL – BUDGET DOCUMENTS