The Clergy Formation Committee (formerly Clergy Day Committee) is a group of presbyters and deacons working to offer opportunities to enrich the ongoing formation, education, collegiality, and spirituality of the Diocese of Maine’s clergy community.
All members serve for three (3) years. The committee meets on the second Thursday of the month at 12:30 pm for 1 hour (currently via Zoom), with subcommittees meeting at other times when needed.
The committee plans and executes four annual events:
- A clergy retreat of 1-2 days, often in Lent, to sustain and enrich our prayer life and spirituality.
- Two (2) clergy days, one in the autumn and one in late spring, to worship, learn, and nourish our collegiality.
- A third clergy day, often led by the bishop, designed to integrate continuing education and spiritual formation with the ministry and strategic mission of the Diocese of Maine and the Episcopal Church.
- February 15, 2022: Diocese of New Hampshire Clergy Retreat (ME Clergy Welcome to Attend)
- March 10, 2022: Diocese of Maine Clergy Retreat
- April 7, 2022 Chrism Mass & Renewal of Vows, followed by lunch, Thursday, 11:00-2:00 at Good Shepherd Church, Rangeley
- May 2-3, 2022: Clergy Conference, Schoodic Institute with the Reverend Jay Sidebotham
Term ending December 2023
- The Rev. Holly Hoffmann, Co-Chair
- The Rev. Suzannah Rohman, Co-Chair
- The Ven. Aaron Perkins
- The Rev. Claudia Smith
- The Rev. Rita Steadman