Mental health and domestic violence resources
During this time, ordinary channels for mental health may be disrupted and support groups, like 12-step meetings, may not operate at the usual places and times. Those under quarantine, sheltering at home or feeling isolated or fearful may need additional support, and the risk of domestic violence may increase. Listed below are some resources for additional support.
Stress and coping
- Intentional Warm Line: Call toll free from ME 1-866-771-9276 to receive peer-to-peer phone support for mental health recovery for adults, staffed 24/7
- NAMI Maine remote support groups
- “Addressing Isolation and Quarantine” webinar from Episcopal Relief and Development
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 (24/7)
- Tips For Social Distancing, Quarantine, And Isolation During An Infectious Disease Outbreak Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Connection in the Midst of an Epidemic from Episcopal Relief and Development
- Disaster life cycle: https://episcopalrelief.box.
com/s/ 8g76ooz4qjetucpkyjygpscnvdhx99 6d
- CDC: https://emergency.cdc.gov/coping/responders.asp
- Vicarious trauma: https://www.counseling.org/docs/trauma-disaster/fact-sheet-9---vicarious-trauma.pdf
- Episcopal Relief & Development webinars: https://www.episcopalrelief.org/what-we-do/us-disaster-program/faith-based-response-to-epidemics/
- Episcopal Relief & Development Bible studies: https://www.episcopalrelief.org/what-we-do/us-disaster-program/remoteministry/
- Self Care, Thompson: https://www.episcopalrelief.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Thompson-Self-Care.pdf
- Self Care, Livingston: https://www.episcopalrelief.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/LESSONS-Clergy-Self-Care.pdf
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 (24/7)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673 (24/7)
- The Maine Coalition to end Domestic Violence: https://www.mcedv.org/get-
Substance abuse and addiction
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357) (24/7)
- SAMHSA Resources: https://www.samhsa.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) http://csoaamaine.org
- Gamblers Anonymous (GA) http://www.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255