Mission Priorities Grant Applications
Leaders of established program groups, committees, and ministries in the Episcopal Diocese of Maine are encouraged to apply for support from the Mission Priorities program of Diocesan Council.
The application period will close at 5:00pm on August 1, 2022. Late or incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
All applications submitted will be reviewed by the Mission Priorities Subcommittee of Diocesan Council and evaluated using the Seven Criteria for Mission listed below.
Seven Criteria for Mission:
1) Diocesan resources will support program/ministry efforts that are Christ-centered and Gospel-oriented.
2) Diocesan resources will support program/ministry efforts that collaborate with other churches, communities and affinity groups and demonstrate a willingness to share personnel and resources.
3) Diocesan resources will support those program/ministry efforts led by those who can demonstrate their experience as well as passion for their particular ministry
4) Diocesan resources will support program/ministry efforts with evaluation processes in place and those that can articulate a plan to achieve sustainability.
5) Diocesan resources will support program/ministry efforts whose leaders are willing to share their successes and best practices as well as failures with other congregations or collaborative groups that wish to replicate their work in other parts of the Diocese.
6) Diocesan resources will support program/ministry efforts that demonstrate a willingness to move from a centralized approach to ones that will involve and benefit a wide range and number of people within the diocese and beyond.
7) Diocesan resources will support program/ministry efforts that demonstrate the values of transparency, equity, fairness and collaboration.
Mission Priorities Committee:
Rt. Rev. Thomas Brown, Ex officio; Rev. Suzanne Roberts, Chair; Rev. Lauren Kay; Rev. Lynn Rutledge; Mr. Fred Fowler; Rev. Lael Sorensen, Finance Committee Chair; Mr. Tom Ward, Diocesan Treasurer; Cn. Terry Reimer, Staff liaison; Cn. Barbara Martin, Staff liaison