Established by Bishop Brown and Diocesan Council in 2020, Digital Onboarding Grants are a program designed to assist churches in pivoting to worship online or via broadcast. This could be through the purchase of livestreaming equipment, extending their Wi-Fi, purchasing video editing software for recorded services, purchasing technology for broadcast and more.
Grant applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The final deadline to submit a grant request is December 31, 2022.
All churches of the diocese and diocese-related organizations are eligible to apply for a Digital Onboarding Grant to support digital and broadcast ministry.
Funding for this program is provided from Bishop of Maine discretionary accounts held and managed by the Trustees of Diocesan Funds. This program will be administered by a committee consisting of two Diocesan Council members, the Diocese’s Canon for Communications, and the Diocese’s Canon for Finance and Stewardship. The following guidelines have been established:
- The maximum grant to a church or diocese-related organization is $4,000.
- The funds may be used to pay for something already in place during 2020, 2021 or 2022.
- Grants are to be used for the improvement of digital/broadcast ministry through a one-time purchase, the grants are not to be used for ongoing/scheduled payments or maintenance (such as broadband monthly costs).
- The grant may only be used for services or equipment to allow for or to enhance the church or Diocese-related organization’s ability to ‘broadcast their ministry’; distributing worship, evangelism or outreach content electronically.
- When applying for a Digital Grant, the church or diocese-related organization must supply the committee with copies of bills and invoices or valid contracts or proposals to demonstrate that the grant money has or will be spent on the project for which is was granted.
- A church or Diocese-related organization receiving a grant is expected to use their funds to either reimburse costs already incurred or for proposed project costs, no later than December 31, 2022.
Apply for a Digital Onboarding grant by submitting this form. (Your team can prepare to submit your electronic application form, by using this worksheet.) After review, the program administering committee will communicate grant decisions to applicants.
Digital Onboarding Committee 2021-2022: Mr. Tom Ward, Rev. Peter Jenks, Staff: Cn. Katie Clark, Cn. Terry Reimer