Interested in submitting a resolution to Diocesan Convention 2020 but you need some help? Watch our Resolution-Writing Webinar which will provide tips to assist you with the process.
Webinar leaders are:
- John Hennessy, Director of Advocacy and Networks
- The Rev. Calvin Sanborn, former rector of St. George's Episcopal Church in York Harbor
Resolutions or Resolutions of Courtesy proposed for consideration at Diocesan Convention 2020 (October 17-18) must be submitted to the Resolutions Committee by September 8, 2020 using the form below:
If you are proposing a resolution that amend the Constitution or Canons, or affect the structure or governance of the church, contact John Hennessy by September 1, 2020 as the resolution will need additional review before it is brought to debate at Diocesan Convention.
All resolutions must be signed by the delegate (or parish or group) submitting the resolution. The final resolution language will be posted on the convention page of the diocesan website.
The following questions must be considered prior to the submission of any Resolution:
- Does this Resolution conflict with The Constitution and Canons of the Episcopal Church or The Constitution and Canons of the Diocese of Maine?
- Does this Convention have the authority to act or direct an entity included in the Resolution?
- How will this resolution be executed or assigned?
- What is the financial or funding impact?
- If the Resolution contains funding implications, a cost estimate must be included in the last resolve clause. Please use this format: “Resolved that the Diocesan Council Finance Committee consider a budget allocation of $____ for the implementation of this Resolution.”