Woodland Avenue, Kennebunk Beach
Email the Rev. Frank Edmands for more info
In 1913, Fannie and Ellen Darrach left their private chapel in the woods to the Diocese of Maine. For 25 years it was not used and was hidden in the underbrush. But on the first Sunday in August 1949, at the request of Bishop Loring, the Rev. Dr. Norman L. Kellett started holding services for the summer months.
Over the years, significant improvements were made, many through the direct efforts of Fr. Kellett and his wife. The chapel was moved to a new position and enlarged (now seating about 100). A steeple was added, beautiful stained glass windows in stalled, and an impressive collection of ship's models donated and assembled over the years.
The congregation has grown with several generations worshipping in this peaceful place. Dr. Kellett and his wife retired in 1999 after 50 years of service. He died in 2001.
Today the mission of Trinity Chapel, Kennebunk Beach, continues: to provide a spiritual home for those seeking nourishment, refreshment and healing through Christian worship and fellowship in the summer setting on the Maine coast.
All are invited to come to this chapel to participate in the church community!