The CEEP Network continues to offer free webinars to all churches.
Painful Legacies: Systemic Racism in America and Britain
A Webinar on Different Contexts and Shared Responses
Presented by HeartEdge Network and CEEP Network
Friday, August 14
Is this a moment when, as Rev. William J. Barber II recently claimed, we ought to wake up to the ways systemic racism is choking the life out of democracy? The first in a series of transatlantic conversations organized by the CEEP Network and HeartEdge on key issues for churches in the UK and US will enable discussion of the church’s response to systemic racism and the ongoing Black Lives Matter protests. Up for discussion are similarities and differences between the US and UK contexts plus areas for collaboration, action and learning.
Outcomes: Identification of areas for collaboration, action and learning.
- Debra Bennett - Rector, Church of Our Saviour; Akron, Ohio
- Cornelia Eaton - Canon to the Ordinary of Ministry, Diocese of Navajoland; Farmington, New Mexico
- Azariah France-Williams - Pioneer Priest, The Ascension Hulme HeartEdge Hub Church; Manchester, United Kingdom
- Farai Mapamula - Minister, Castle Bromwich Methodist Church; Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Manoj Mathew Zacharia - Rector, St. Anne’s Episcopal Church; Annapolis, Maryland
- Rosalyn Murphy - Priest-in-Charge, St Thomas, Longford; Coventry, United Kingdom
- Anthony Reddie - Director, Oxford Centre for Religion and Culture; Oxford, United Kingdom
Please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/