The application process for the current licensing season opens on 1 October 2018 and closes on 31 December 2018 for Worship Leaders, Eucharistic Ministers and Eucharistic Visitors. Applications for preaching licenses may be submitted until 31 January 2019. Please follow the link to the one electronic form that takes the place of the multiple lay license paper forms. This link will be posted in October.
Packets containing the guidelines (links below) and application forms are given to each Priest-in-Charge (or Senior Warden) at Convention or mailed if these leaders did not attend.
The following information will help priests submit license applications for the new liturgical year:
* Licenses for Worship Leaders, Eucharistic Ministers/Chalice Bearers and Eucharistic Visitors are issued for a period of three years (Advent I 2018 to Advent I 2021).
* All application forms must be signed by the Priest-in-Charge (or the Senior Warden in absence of a Priest-in-Charge).
* Licenses for the ministry of Preacher are issued for a period of one year (February 2019 to February 2020). Training is required, and the Priest-in-Charge must sign the application form which you can download here:
* The "Preacher Application" form is for preachers and contains additional application details. It is only available in paper format at this time. For people who have been previously licensed to preach, it is not necessary for them to repeat the entire application process. A short note reflecting on their ministry, and a recent example of a sermon or homily, is sufficient.
* To request licenses in more than one category for the same person, please apply on separate forms for each one. Certificates will be issued for each area of ministry to your church office. Please keep the original licenses in a secure place. If individuals would like a copy of their license, please feel free to make a photocopy.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Barbara Martin (772-1953 x 125) will be happy to help. We hope to send certificates back to you in a timely fashion. If you find an error on a certificate, please return it with corrections and without hesitation, and the license will be re-issued.